Title: Executive Assistant to the President/CEO
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: Full-time, (flexible to meet program and agency needs; may include weekends, evenings and/or holidays)
Job Summary: This position entails providing secretarial, administrative and clerical support to the President and CEO; requires exposure to highly sensitive confidential information and involvement with superior contacts requiring considerable use of discretion, tact, diplomacy and judgment; requires critical thinking, excellent organization and planning skills, strong attention to detail, precise writing skills, expert customer relations, sound decision-making and exceptional computer skills with a consistently positive attitude. In addition, this position serves as Board Liaison and the primary organizational contact for the Boards of Directors for the various divisions of Father Joe’s Villages.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEO'S, Presidents, COO’s, Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Schedules, organizes and maintains CEO’s calendar and other complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the president, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations and disseminating information.
- Opens mail for the CEO; drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary and responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the CEO and the department; readily accesses and retrieves information from files when needed.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, screens and routes calls appropriately and accurately records and relays messages.
- Tracks and prepares expense reports as it relates to daily travel and meetings.
- Answers routine inquires and provides general information regarding the Village. Answers routine inquiries and/or complaints and redirects to the appropriate person for handling.
- Participates and/or coordinates programs, special projects, events or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and tracking event budget.
- Utilizes Village Zendesk system to request maintenance, security, catering or IT work.
- Records, prepares and distributes Board meeting minutes.
- May travel (locally) to attend meetings, trainings, and conferences as needed and appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains consistent and ongoing communication with Board members.
- Work with senior management and staff to ensure timely preparation and distribution of Board-related information (e.g. agendas, reports, previous meeting minutes, etc.) to Board members and agency leadership.
- Coordinate Board involvement in service and volunteering opportunities and special events.
- Compose and send acknowledgement letter after Board approval to new and termed out members. Arrange for acknowledgement plaque/parting gift for termed out members as appropriate.
- Organize all general Board meetings and committee meetings as needed.
- Maintain procedures to forward agendas and supplementary materials to all Board members ensuring the timely submission/review of all minutes, resolutions and communications.
- Maintain accurate records and update governing policies.
- Ensure that policies and board commitments are renewed according to the Annual Board monitoring calendar.
- Act as a custodian for all Board-related documents.
- Maintain updated information on the Board members’ contact information, as well as election dates and terms of service, and the committee membership lists. Provide copies to relevant staff, including web master for inclusion on all corporate websites.
- Work with Development team on Board members’ annual giving campaign, providing giving information to Board chairs at each Board meeting and composing and sending a giving letter at year end.
- Perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- AA in Business or related field or combination of specialized training and experience with a minimum of two recent years as an Executive Administrative Assistant, with ten years overall in the Administrative field.
- Ability to multi-task, and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point are required.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred.
Market Education and Experience:
- BA in Business or related field and three recent years’ experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant with ten years overall in Administrative field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Word, Excel and Power Point are required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BA in Business Management and extensive experience working with CEO, individuals who work closely with the CEO (Direct Reports), as well as senior level business clients and government/community relations.
- Tech savvy (including hardware, software, and social networks).
- Detail-oriented; ability to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Required to be proactive, able to connect the dots and think ahead to anticipate needs and requests.
- Maintain relationships across all levers of agency and community.
- Impeccable independent judgment.
- Must be proficient at multitasking and able to juggle multiple projects and switch gears immediately.
- Able to maintain calm demeanor.
- Work requires an extensive knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing material, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Maintain the highest integrity in managing sensitive and confidential information.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com