Campus ministry is essentially ministry in higher education. It has an important role in helping students to assess the knowledge they are acquiring through the eyes of faith and to discern how they will use that knowledge in their profession. Because these Catholics are in the process of occupying leadership roles in society, theological reflection and moral formation are key. Therefore, campus ministry involves young adults to participate and minister to others as faithful witnesses to the message of the gospel by:
- Forming the Faith Community
- Appropriating the Faith
- Forming the Christian Conscience
- Educating for Justice
- Facilitating Personal Development
- Developing Leaders for the Future.
Young Adults incorporating back into a parish community after Campus life should:
- Identify the young adult coordinator at your parish.
(Check your parish bulletin or visit our YAM Groups to identify the young adult coordinator).
- Look into your parish young adult ministry and participate in young adult sponsored events.
- Become an active young adult by helping the community grow.
- Share your talents and gifts with the young adult community. Lead a special ministry...
- Engage in service projects or other social justice events lead by other young adults.
- Check our Calendar of events, as many parishes list their ongoing and future events there.
Active Newman Centers & Campus Ministries can be found below: