Auxiliary Bishop Dolan
Bishop Emeritus Brom
Diocese Main Contacts
A - L
Child and Youth Protection
End of Year Retreat and Mass
Diocesan Rite of Election
Conferencia y Concerto de Medio Año
Trinity, The Transcendence & Imminence of God
Family Life and Spirituality
Liturgy & Spirituality
Holy Days of Obligation
M - Z
SDSU Newman Center
Aztec Catholic Spring Retreat
Young Adult Ministry
Young Adult Mens Retreat
Deans - Vicars Forane
Catholic Mutual Group
Pastoral Center Communications
Catholic Relief Services
Lay Catholic Groups
News and Calendar
History of the Diocese
Diocesan Pastoral Center
Contact Victim Assistance
Synod on the Family
Photos and Videos
Parroquias - Parishes
Recursos - Resources
Equipo - Team
Fotos y videos - Photos and videos
Redes sociales - Social media
Contacto - Contact
Propuestas / Proposals
Annual Catholic Appeal
Catholic Community Foundation
Bishop Flores Scholars
Hispanic, Latino or Spanish Origin
American Indian or Alaska Native
Black or African American
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
Are you Catholic?
What year are you in high school?
Section A: Young People, the Church, and Society
1. Do you think the Church listens to the real-life, really lived, situations of you and your peers? How so?
2. In your opinion, what are the main challenges to and most significant opportunities for you and your peers in San Diego and Imperial Counties? Your answer
3. What kinds of group gatherings of youth and/or young adults, formal or informal, have a major success WITHIN the Church, and why?
4. What kinds of group gatherings of youth and/or young adults, formal or informal, have a major success OUTSIDE the Church, and why?
5. What do you and your peers need and want from the Church in the Diocese of San Diego?
6. How are you and your peers invited to participate in the day-to-day life of the church community in this Diocese? (both at your parish and in the diocese)
7. How do people in positions of authority in this Diocese make contact with youth who do not frequent Church surroundings?
8. How have people in positions of authority in this Diocese responded to the significance of social media and digital communication in the lives of you and your peers?
Section B: Pastoral Vocational Programs for Young People
9. How are your family and parish community involved in your vocational discernment?
10. How is your school and/or education contributing to your ability to confidently and adequately discern your vocation in life?
11. How do you think we can make World Youth Day (or other national or international events) attendance a more standard practice on a parish level?
12. What opportunities for discerning a religious vocation are made available to you? How could these experiences be expanded and improved?
Section C: Pastoral Care Workers with Young People
13. How much time and in what manner do priests and youth ministers provide personal, spiritual guidance to you and your peers?
14. How well, in your opinion, are those same priests and ministers prepared and educated to provide you with that guidance?
15. What personal guidance is offered in seminaries? (answer according to your level of experience and perception)
Section D: Questions for Young People in America
16. How does your community care for young people who experience extreme violence (gangs, prison, drug addiction, sexual assault, forced marriage of minors)? In what ways do they accompany and support them in their life?
17. How does this Diocese empower and form you and your peers to take an active role in society and civil life, promoting the common good of all?
18. In a world which is greatly secularized, what parish and Diocesan activities are most attractive and effective for continuing the journey of faith after the Sacraments of Christian Initiation?
Survey for Non-Catholics
Survey for Single 18-29 Years of age
Survey for 16-18 years of age
Survey for Others 18-29 Years of age
Survey for Married 18-29 Years of age