Recognizing the need for apostolic endeavor among Filipino Catholics in the Diocese of San Diego, and with the approval of the diocesan bishop, the Diocesan Commission for Filipino Catholics shall strive to fulfill its mission.
As witnesses of Christ, we are called to proclaim the gospel in our lives and to assist in building up the kingdom of God through the preservation and sharing of Filipino Catholic traditions and values, and to cultivate unity with all generations of our community through collaboration amongst parishes in the Diocese of San Diego.
- Collaborate with the Office in its pastoral ministry through discernment, prioritizing and evaluating the pastoral needs of the Filipino community.
- Enhance development of appropriate procedures for implementing Diocesan approved programs that impact Filipino Catholics.
- Maintain commission activities authorized by the Office concerning planning, evaluations, and finance.
- Encourage Catholic Social Actions that activate Filipinos to evangelize the greater community.
- Spiritually uplift the Filipino Catholic Community and preserve its traditions and values.
- Serve and cultivate unity among all generations of Filipino Catholics.